Lenovo ThinkSystem SR590 Server-Xeon Silver 4110 (7X99A08WEA)
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR590 Xeon Silver 4110 offers numerous features to boost performance, improve scalability, and reduce costs:
The Lenovo ThinkSystem SR590 Server-Xeon Silver 4110 (7X99A08WEA) Improves productivity by offering superior system performance with the second generation of the Intel Xeon Processor Scalable Family with up to 24-core processors, up to 35.75 MB of last level cache (LLC), up to 2933 MHz memory speeds, and up to 10.4 GT/s Ultra Path Interconnect (UPI) links.
- Support for up to two processors, 48 cores, and 96 threads allows to maximize the concurrent execution of multithreaded applications.
- Intelligent and adaptive system performance with energy efficient Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology allows CPU cores to run at maximum speeds during peak workloads by temporarily going beyond processor thermal design power (TDP).
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology boosts performance for multithreaded applications by enabling simultaneous multithreading within each processor core, up to two threads per core.
- Intel Virtualization Technology integrates hardware-level virtualization hooks that allow operating system vendors to better utilize the hardware for virtualization workloads.
- Intel Speed Select Technology provides improvements in server utilization and guaranteed per-core performance service levels with more granular control over processor performance.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost (Vector Neural Network Instruction set [VNNI]) is designed to deliver significant, more efficient Deep Learning (Inference) acceleration for high-performance Artificial Intelligence (AI) workloads.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512) enable acceleration of enterprise-class and high performance computing (HPC) workloads.
|Machine types||7X98 – 1 year warranty
7X99 – 3 year warranty
|Form factor||2U rack-mount.|
|Processor||Up to two Intel Xeon Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum Gen 2 processors of up to 150 W TDP:
1st Gen Intel Xeon processors are also supported.
|Memory||Up to 16 DIMM sockets (8 DIMMs per processor; 6 memory channels per processor with one DIMM per channel for four channels and two DIMMs per channel for two channels). Support for RDIMMs or LRDIMMs. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2933 MHz depending on the processor selected.|
|Persistent memory||Up to 4x 128 GB, 256 GB, or 512 GB TruDDR4 2666 MHz DCPMMs in the DIMM slots. Not supported with 1st Gen Intel Xeon SP processors.|
Note: Server configurations with more than 1 TB of memory capacity per socket (including DCPMMs and RDIMMs) require processors that support up to 4.5 TB (L-suffix) per socket.
Note: In the configurations with DCPMMs, memory mirroring is supported only in the App Direct mode (other DCPMM modes do not support memory mirroring) and applies only to the RDIMMs (DCPMMs are not mirrored). Memory sparing is not supported in the configurations with DCPMMs.
|Internal storage capacity||
|Optical drive bays||None. Support for an external USB DVD RW Optical Disk Drive (See Optical drives).|
|I/O expansion slots||Up to six slots. Slot 4 is the fixed slots on the system planar, and the remaining slots depend on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows:
Slot 5 requires the second processor to be installed.
|Cooling||Three (one processor) or four (two processors) hot-swap system fans with N+1 redundancy.|
|Power supply||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W or 750 W (100 – 240 V) High Efficiency Platinum or 750 W (200 – 240 V) High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies. HVDC support (PRC only).|
|Video||Matrox G200 with 16 MB memory integrated into the XClarity Controller. Maximum resolution is 1920×1200 at 60 Hz with 32 bits per pixel.|
|Hot-swap parts||Drives (select models), power supplies, and fans.|
|Systems management||XClarity Controller (XCC) Standard, Advanced, or Enterprise (Pilot 4 chip), proactive platform alerts, light path diagnostics, XClarity Provisioning Manager, XClarity Essentials, XClarity Administrator, XClarity Integrators for VMware vCenter and Microsoft System Center, XClarity Energy Manager, Capacity Planner.|
|Security features||Power-on password, administrator’s password, secure firmware updates, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0 (configurable UEFI setting). Optional lockable front bezel. Optional Trusted Cryptographic Module (TCM) or Nationz TPM (available only in PRC). Optional Lenovo Business Vantage security software (available only in PRC).|
|Operating systems||Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, VMware ESXi. See the Operating systems section for specifics.|
|Warranty||One-year (7X98) or three-year (7X99) customer-replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite limited warranty with 9×5 Next Business Day Parts Delivered.|
|Service and support||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 2-hour or 4-hour response time, 6-hour or 24-hour committed service repair, warranty extension up to 5 years, 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions, YourDrive Your Data, Enterprise Software Support, and Basic Hardware Installation Services.|
|Dimensions||Width: 445 mm (17.5 in.), height: 87 mm (3.4 in.), depth: 764 mm (30.1 in.). See Physical specifications for details.|
|Weight||Minimum configuration: 19 kg (41.9 lb), maximum: 26 kg (57.3 lb)|